terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2011

AS I LAY DOWN

AS I LAY DOWN.


For years I have lived a tiring life with a first class husband, who would spent more time with his insects than with me. At first, I was angry about it, but then, I found company, and soon I start having fun at his back every time he went hunting for bugs.
But slowly, it would turn more and more annoying, until it became impossible to bear. His image, his touch, the sound of his voice, was absolutely disgusting, how could I live like that, with that man? He probably knew about my affairs and done NOTHING!
Then I decided to end it, I forged his signature in a insurance policy and found a poison no one would suspect. As I have friends in police, his body would pass straight to cremation, no questions asked. Perfect.
In the day I have decided to kill him, he arrived earlier, and brought two large suitcases with him. I asked what was that, and he said it was a gift to me, for our late anniversary.
Oh as if it could save his life, I smiled to myself, as I told him to rush and eat some of my “special” dinner.
For a moment, I was worried. He stopped and stared at the plate for a minute, then said:
Is better that way.
And eat it.
The poison took effect soon and he died at my feet, strangely calm.
Curious I decided to look at my gifts as I called my lover, in each suitcase, a expensive dark fur coat, and one single envelope, closed. I loved. I begged for years for those, well at least he made something right!
I laughed and put one of them, as I opened the envelope, there I read:

“my dear wife,
Life didn’t turn to be both of us wanted, I guess. I’m sorry it have to end like this. Don’t bother looking for antidotes, the poison is simply too strong and fast.
Love”
And he signed.
I almost screamed in fear, he did know about the poison, did he told anyone?!?
Was when I realized what poison he meant to:
The first bite was like a needle piercing my skin, and soon dozens of other bites followed. I fighted to take of the coat, and trow it away, but my body become numb in pain and I lost all movement.
As I lay down paralyzed I see not only the smile of my dead husband, but the dozen, maybe hundreds of black widows  crawling of my coat over my face. They also crawl out from the other coat and spread around the room. I see a chemical bottle at the bottom of each bag, something to make the spiders sleepy.
I try to scream but its too late.





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário