sexta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2011

"YOU NEED A HERO" latest chapter

Oh boy this last month wasn't a good one.
i'm late with everything blog-related, and wrote barely nothing.
still here is the LATEst chapter.

0005#

Another two weeks have past, and the number of deaths blamed on the “One Hit Killer” skyrocket. In matter of days, dozens of new horrific murders parade on the news – al cops. The total numbers, some of which were clearly copycats went over one hundred, and the city in panic, was about to burst in flames and riots.  The cops got the bad part of it, the front line: Thanks to the mayor lack of common sense and need of quick results, the police were diverted in tens of squads and task forces after the maniac, each one under absurd pressure from the midia and from the city politicians, who fought like jackals over the publicity that came with the panic.
Thanks to that, each task force, each little investigation group, was segregated of the others accordingly with the political bonds of the officers in charge. In the end, criminality exploded, as the killer become more legend than man.

Josh and Sammy weren’t the kind of cop who kiss politicians asses, so they were quickly brushed away from the main investigation. Not that they give a damn about it.
Using (and abusing) the chaos in their favor, they kept track of a single suspect, a strange young man, who lived alone in a old warehouse that belong to a facade company. A import and export facade company. True be told, the one who gave the tip to them was Marcy, apparently she had a affair with the mayor’s assistant, and managed to get some hot leads that no one look over, because they were busy fighting for publicity.

-Vincent works with the mayor, and lately we didn’t talk much. He is always busy with his boss, who apparently is going nuts… For real, but please, you didn’t heard that from me, right? Anyway, all the info on this case are a mess, and Vince was trying to put pieces together, but no one knows what to look for. He asked me to give a look after work, and well, a couple Louis Vitton’s later I said yes. Damn, was a bunch of crap, but then, I found this company…trading high quality carbon blades for medical purposes… And it caught my attention… I checked and it was a façade…

Sammy looked at the computer screen and scratched the back of her neck. The company made only one shipment ever. High quality carbon blades and it arrived one week before the dog and homeless killings started. But still…

-Marcy, sorry to ask, but why you give it to us? I’m sure you have plenty other friends in the force who could reward you for this information…

-True. I do have a couple “friends” that would love to have this info. “Friends” who always made me favors…in exchange of something else. I know what everyone say about me behind my back, and its true. But I am the best investigator this lab ever had. No one have more degrees, no one solved more cases, no one wrote more scientific papers. But at the end of the day I am still the department whore.

Marcy was looking deeply sad, and angry, like never before. Sammy and Josh just waited.

-This is big. Big enough to end it. My opportunity to get someone to recognize my work, and above all, my chance to dump those “friends” for good. And for it work properly, I need help. I am just a lab investigator, I barely pass my firing tests… and be honest, Sammy, Josh, we aren’t best buddies, but I made a background check on you two, just like I know you two did a background check on me, so I know you two are my best chance to do some real, REAL cop job here, without feeding up those politicians…

Sammy scratched her head again.

-Fair, we have a deal Marcy.

That was a day before the riots.

The city exploded in violence, mostly toward police, who responded with brutality, once all higher ups closed their eyes and pretend to be deaf, as long order was restored. But it didn’t: It become worst, looters, arsonists, rapists, bank robbers, political terrorists and simple honest people who just had enough shit during all their lives decided that was a good opportunity to see the world burn, and to settle scores, of course. What have started with a single serial killer had inexplicably evolved to mass hysteria.

But Sammy and Josh had a lead and wouldn’t let it slip no matter what: they went under the radar, literally disappearing of the face of the world – something rather easy during the riots- and start tracking the movements made by the facade company.

When they found a large, old warehouse/factory, half of it built with bricks and wood infested with termites, they couldn’t shake the feeling it was too easy to be right place.

With no back up and with weapons in hands, they sneaked in while the city burned around them, unaware that violent eyes hidden in the shadows watched them, rather amused.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário