sábado, 15 de outubro de 2011

ghoul 2nd week!

Second submission to ghouls galore, was quite hard pull the rabbit out the hat this time, i hope you all enjoy!

I lay on my bed, but can’t sleep. Something is out of place. The city is quiet, once most of my neighbors decided to enjoy the holyday traveling, and I whisper to myself that I turn unaccustumed to silence, but still…I get up look through the window, where I see a strange movement. Small, dark, figures in hoods marching together, to the woods that surround this neighborhood. Curious, I follow them silently. I see them squeezing through an decadent old duct that drain the rain water and prevent the small pond from overflowing. Now I should leave, I say to myself, and maybe call someone. But I am not in control of myself anymore. I kneel and crawl on the mud into the claustrophobic darkness. I am in a place I know I shouldn’t be, where torches lit my way. I hear something, chatting, coming from hundreds of small hooded figures with hideous sharp voices. They look at me, with no surprise. One start a speech, to praise the Master of them all, the Chthonic People, Lord Lucifer. I lay down on cold stone, a defenseless lamb waiting to be sacrificed. I see a claw raising a rust dagger over my head. It’s the last thing I remember, before waking.
-God! What nightmare…
Trying to calm my nerves, I look through my window, and my blood freezes: They are there, small hooded creatures, marching into the woods.
I close the curtains, hide under the blankets, whispering…Nope! Not even in my dreams!

Um comentário:

  1. Again you do very well in creating your atmosphere. The feeling of solitude transitions nicely to the vulnerability and then being alone among the 'Chthonic People' as their sacrifice. Very curious if that dream may not have been sent by their Lord Lucifer.

    ResponderExcluir