sábado, 6 de agosto de 2011

'BELIVE IN"part 4

Part 4...
*
The following days were busy to Lizzie. Her main job was computer design to a large company, but large companies aren’t much into “crazy” workers, so she already got an early warning that she would be fired, as soon as the working laws admit it, three months. Her bosses weren’t heartless people, they made all arrangements they could to keep her medical available till the end of August, but they were crystal clear, she had no future on the company.

That was more than a bummer, the job paid well, and had flexible work hours, enough to allow her to have a second “job”(more like a hobby), installing networks and fixing computers. This second job didn’t make much money, couldn’t barely pay for the water and light, so she was worried about the future.

-Oh screw this. I don’t need them anyway… -she would say before covering her face with a large pillow.

-That’s it… You have a bad day, end in a mental hospital and suddenly they are afraid you snap and try to kill everyone in sight with a dangerous laptop…

She sat on the bed and looked around. A mess.

-NOT feeling like cleaning…now.

She gave a side look at her cell phone. Two days and John didn’t brought up any plans for the weekend.

-So John, we gonna go out this weekend or not? Should I call you?

She stood up and marched to her small office/computer work shop, an old guest room.

-If I keep like that I’m going back to square one in no time, time to try some occupational therapy techniques…

She grabbed a pen and a clean sheet of paper.

-Fist I need to set some priorities:

“1- Need a new Job”
-Because that cable won’t pay itself… Gosh, what I’m going to do?

“2-Need a new attitude”

-I have to be honest to myself. I will have to make some changes on me…

“3-“

She stops and just stared at the paper for a while.

-I need someone to love and to love me back. I don’t want to live alone anymore. Would this person be you John? You took care of me this last months, would you take care of me from now on?

She pressed the pen on the sheat.

“3- Need…”

-I need…John? I can’t even confess it to the paper…

“3- Need love”

-Lets settle on “love” for now.


She sits looking at the paper for a while, get up and go out look for some old contacts and maybe a job. The house was close, empty and silent.

Suddenly two globes of faint light appear from nowhere.

The globes hover around, not randomly, but with a intent, they exchange a silent communication between them:

-So… Now we broke in her house, maybe steal her TV, Miza?

-Shush Kev. Lizzie is having a hard time, lots of things to do… if we heard right she made a list of priorities…now move you lazy ass and found it!

-I have no ass. I am a globe of pure celestial light.

-Move or I will kick your pure celestial light!

And the globes split, each one going different ways. Kev soon found the office and the list on the table:

-Aha, got it Miza, come here and see it.

-Show me! Hmmm what? It’s all backwards!

-What you mean?
-She put LOVE in third!

-Well, maybe she realized food and clothing wouldn’t materialize on her door steps. Unless we start doing it. Please let’s not, it gave me migranes…

-Moron, love is always TOP priority. Money is just printed paper, a delirium from a consumerist society! It drives people away from each other!

-But she wrote job, not money. Work dignify men and women. And in the lack of a higher understanding from the mankind as a whole, such dignity is reflected in material possessions, as such, TVs, cell, cable and the most basic, yet the largely denied material possession that give dignity to humans in the most basic level…Food.

-Crap.

-Don’t say that.

-Crap.

-She wrote job in first place, so we help her with job first, your idea, if I recall, or we can just go back to our usual daily activities. That guy on Japan could use some inspiration in that revolutionary battery design…

-Oh spare me. We helped them with airplane, car, computer, penicillin, microwave and light bulb, and they still didn’t evolved. Everlasting I-pod batteries? Let them suffer on it by themselves, for once…

-You are so bitter…

-Excuse me?! I’m not, I’m just stating a fact here…

-Look, I like rules. You set that we would help with her priorities, and JOB is number one.

-Fine. Let’s work something.

-…

-You have NO humor sense…


And they disappear mysteriously as they appeared.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário