quinta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2011

I BELIEVE IN...part 3

I BELIEVE IN...part 3
Both, the kitty and the dog – now back to his canine body and still covered on wounds from the beating –entered an abandoned construction site.
-Oh god, I’m hurt… I didn’t know this violent side of John!
-Yeah, yeah, sure. The important is that my plan is now in motion! Don’t you love when things go smoothly as planned? – The kitty get up and make a pose standing in its rear legs – Keikaku doori man! Keikaku doori!
-So, my near death experience was part of the plan?
-Stop whining. No way could you actually die from a beating!
-Still I don’t get it. Can you explain it again?
The kitty rolled her hazel eyes.
-Oh god, why me? Listen. John and Eliza, both share a problem, lack of trust and initiative, so we have to make them trust each other. How we do it?
-We mug her, on the day she left the hospital.
-Idiot. Women seek ONE thing on men! ONE thing they aim for!
-The balls. It still hurts.
-No moron! RELIABILITY! Men have to be reliable! So John had to stop the mugging, proving to be reliable.
-But he didn’t. She did. Easily. John just beat me after I was on the ground, and I don’t see how it boosts his reliability…
The kitty gasped.
-But… you see, we were working her self-stem too… So he had to show her she can… take any threat by herself…
-You made me a punch bag so John could look like a knight in shining armor, what didn’t went very well.
-Shut up! You saw how she jumped on his arms, and how he beat the crap out of you to defend her?
-I lost the jumping in his arms thing, but I surely didn’t lost the beating.
And the dog let a painful cry escape.
-Poor you, you delicate Chihuahua.
The dog started to lick his wounds.
-So what now Miza? We worked months to keep things going smoothly, but now we are dealing with love and free will. We can take the horse to the water, but no way can we make it drink the water.
-Bullshit Kev, Lizzie needs help and we promised to help her, so we are going to help her!
-We can’t open people’s eyes; they have to find things by themselves.

The kitty sat.

-Kev, I know what we can and what we can’t do, but I will try my best so Lizzie doesn’t have to hurt herself again.

*
Back at Lizzie’s house, she run from the window to the bathroom and check herself in the mirror.

-Dammit, my hair is horrible, and that guy smell funny, like dog food…Ew! Aw John, please come back, I don’t want you to get hurt over a moronic bandit…

She brushes her hair, check her look once again and think if she should put some lipstick on, when the door bell rings.

It’s John.

-John!! – She jumps on his arms again. He hugs her tightly and she blushes again. Is so hard to hug John, even more to get a strong hug, and she feel almost like thanking the thieve for that opportunity. She sensed his smell, that she loved so much, and the touch of his big hands.

-Hey Liz, are you OK? Did that ass hurt you?
-No, I’m fine, I think it was just a scare… damn, the day was perfect…
-It still is, don’t let a crazy guy ruin things.
-So, what brought you here?-She asked feeling already sad, once John was already breaking the hug and getting distant and cold again.
-Believe or not a dead battery. Lucky coincidence huh?
-yeah, I don’t know what could have happened if you weren’t there…
-Ha, no, you took care of it beautifully. Self defense 101, hit them where it counts!

Both laughed. Later the cops arrived, took notes and statements and leave.

-John, how about dinner? I can cook something to us…!
-Thanks Liz, but tonight I can’t. But let’s go out this weekend, how about it?

She tried not to look devastated about it, and smiled back at him.

-Sure! Call me later then?
-Count on it girl.

He kissed her in the forehead and left.

Soon he was home, didn’t ate anything and went to bed. He looked at the clock.
His cell phone rings.

Liz…? No.

- Hi Lori. No, I just got home…Yes, come, let order something… Sure, see you soon. Bye…

He turned off the cell, put his head on his hands and took a deep breath.

-Why things get more and more complicated?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário