quarta-feira, 10 de agosto de 2011

HELL FORMULA

Another short story to /x/...
HELL FORMULA
I have conducted several genetic experiments seeking ways to unleash human’s true power. My quest begun almost two decades ago, in India, where I saw and put to test the inexplicable capability of sages, capable to perform inexplicable feats. Sadly, my search on their chromosomes revealed very little, just a possible, slight, chance of develop it thru genetic engineering. I was stuck in a dead end, but it was only until a friend told me about a young little girl who happen to be… possessed.

Demonic possession, a taboo to church, a myth to science, but still interesting. Curious to see if the girl could perform any kind of super-human act, like the ones usually described in possession reports, I followed him to meet the girl’s family.

Was a very unsettling visit, but also very productive:

The family was a poor ignorant folk, all praying and crying with their crucifixes in hand, a pathetic display of fear and stupidity:

-Mister J., this is doctor Victor, a medic, friend of mine. I asked him to attend here to look at your daughter’s health.

They babbled something about god and priests as I wandered through the room looking at framed photos: A simply family, three girls, very religious.

They were inclined to send me off, once they were convinced on the supernatural nature of the problem. I, unimpressed, was about to talk to my friend and leave, when a thundering cry resonated through the wooden walls, a deafen sound of something heavy getting hammered on the floor above our heads, followed by dozens of laughs and indecent voices. Suddenly as it started, it ended. To me was like a gang where upstairs tearing a room apart, I looked around and I saw the family collapsing. Few minutes later, a group of priests went down the stairs, looking concerned:

-This case is real, unfortunately, I will inform Vatican. I believe we can start the rites tomorrow…

-until them is safer to keep her tied and under surveillance…

They looked at me and my friend and become silent. My friend presented me again, and as I politely greeted them, a short debate started. In the end the priests agreed with me checking the girl’s health.

I was still unconvinced of the supernatural aspect of this case, but my curiosity drove me into the dark room where the child were handled. She was tied to the bed with thick ropes and leather strips, an exaggeration, I tough at first. The smell of excrement and vomit was unbelievable, even if none where at sight. She was breathing very fast and very heavily, and I start to wonder if I shouldn’t call authorities… But I saw little signs that caught my attention:

First, the wooden floor was marked, almost like a strange force had lifted the heavy bed and slammed it on the ground time and time again. Doors, walls and even the ceiling were covered with claw marks, which I quickly identified like hers, once her finger nails, on both feet and hands, were bloody, dark, and with a bestial appearance. If I was to examine only the finger nails of that girl, I would believe it to belong to some kind of wild animal, not to a human being.

Silently I approached her, the priests were about to warn me, when she opened her eyes and screamed at me, calling me names. Her breath was nauseous, and her blood injected eyes, unnaturally yellow. The most disturbing part was the voice, or voices, that come out when she opened her mouth to speak, like if more than one person where talking through her at the same time.

It looked at me for a couple minutes, then she smiled and become silent.

-Impressive, David, I will try to get a blood sample…
-Be careful Victor.

The girl looked at me with wicked eyes. Her face was deformed, like a Halloween mask. She moved her hips from side to side, like a belly dancer, but it was utterly disturbing, once it exposed he legs, blue and veiny, were pus would drip from deep scratches made close to her pubic area. Could be a rotting corpse leg’s and I become concerned it could be some kind of disease like ebola.

My concerns about it attacking during the procedure were unfounded, as I touch her she felt sleep, or pretend to do so, breathing heavily like before. I took six ampoules of her blood, I was decided to not return there in the future for more blood samples, them I move away. I close the door, a storm of disturbing laughers sounded, like if a pack of demented clowns were locked there, with the girl.

I was nervous, and also satisfied. I had the feeling the blood samples would present some data similar to the information I got from fakirs and sages on India.

As soon I got to the lab, I initiate experimenting: standard blood tests, genetic tests, cultures, everything I could do. All of them would take forever to give me new information, but I didn’t worried about it, I was sure I would finally find a break through. That girl who had the delusion of be under control of demons had the key to improve human’s constitution, and I would finally grasp it.

Days later, the first tests came back. The blood tests were almost normal, but the genetic ones showed some kind of “extra chromosome”. Was unusual, but not unexpected, a genetic condition that explained the “demonic possession”. Excited with the finding, I start working on it immediately.

One year later I finally had successfully isolated the extra chromosome, and decided to start experimenting on guinea pigs. My in vitro tests were successful, and I had high expectations on the first real trials on living organisms. At that time I did much of my work at home, once eco-terrorists had threatened to attack the lab were I conducted my experiments. Was quite convenient, that way I could spent more undisturbed time with my experiment.

To use in my tests, I had four mice, three bunnies, two dogs and one baboon, a nasty creature.

My first impulse was to shot my formula with the chromosome protein on the baboon, once I didn’t care much about that horrible monkey dying, but I had to be objective, so at first I picked one small rat, which I inoculate with a small dose. For the next day and a half, the rat had violent spasms, vomit and rage attacks, but it become twice bigger and much more stronger. To test it’s social abilities,  I put a normal rat in the same cage with him. The newcomer panicked, but the test rat just stood there, looking at me. I decided finally to grab and vivisect the test rat.

It was incredible hard, it almost bite off my fingers and I finished snapping it’s neck. I didn’t want to risk contamination with my own guinea pig. Its internal organs were decaying too fast, even in a refrigerated environment, and the smell were the same I felt that day on the girls’ room. His muscles and bones were all dark, but very developed. Happy with the progress, I decided to test injecting a far smaller dose directly on ones’ mouse brain. Was… interesting. It become very aggressive, and less physically developed, but almost escaped the cage. Later I tested it’s intelligence, and it was far above his previous results. I froze and sliced the brain so I could study it better.

The trials proceed for months, until I got the chance to test on the filthy baboon, oh, I admit, I was excited not only for have advanced so much in my research, but also because I would finally get rid of that nasty creature. I doped it, and locked him on a steel cage designed to polar bears. I injected a new composite, wish I refined through my several tests.

Less than a minute later, it started: The creature woke up, screaming in agony, as I could see his muscles inflating and his vein become more evident. His eyes, blood injected, become yellow like the girl’s eyes, and it’s body started to grow.

I had successfully corrected the formula, so his skin weren’t ripped of by his growing muscles, nor did his eyes exploded gushing a torrent of blood. All his hair, unfortunately, felt immediately, like it did with the bunnies. Well, cant be right always.

Then the most unusual and unexpected alterations begun:

Huge, thick black horns growth in its forehead and in matter of hour’s whey were at least 40 centimeters long, the skin become dark and red, as its teeth become dreadful fangs. His foot suffered a methamorphosis, all its fingers, except two on each feet, felt off like dead skin, and the fingers left soon become like…goat hoofs.

A long thin tail with a spike on its end appeared at the dawn of the next day.

I was happy I had put the creature on such strong cage, strongly tied to a steel table inside it. It was horrible and scary, and for the first time ever I doubt myself. I had the feeling I went too far. I didn’t hesitate, I tied an extra chain to its cage and was going upstairs when someone hit me with a baseball bat. A bunch of eco-terrorists crashed my home, dragged me back to the lab and beat me for “crimes against nature”. I screamed at them and told them I had to kill the monkey, it was a monster! But when we all turned to the cage, only a tiny baby chimpanzee was inside it.
 I couldn’t believe my eyes… Then it hit me. If it was really a demon… Oh god!

The kicked me but I didn’t gave off the keys. They literally had to broke my hand to save the “poor baby” from its suffering. A girl, who had beated me several times with a baseball bat and that stomped my hand until she crushed it open entered and freed the ape from the steel table and hug it. No one saw it change, not even the girl. It was simply like if we all blinked at the same time, and the giant baboon traded places with the small “baby”. It literally tore her head of with his teeth. Then it rushed to the cage door.
They were paralyzed, but I wasn’t. They stood there, while the monster killed and raped them, while I rushed upstairs after my dart gun. I could hear the agony in their screams as it loaded and absurd neurotoxin dose into a dart. Enough to kill a small town.

As I went down, I saw the ravaged laboratory. They all were dead, and the baboon in nowhere to be found. I held the dart gun with my only good hand and stumbled downstairs. The sound of broke machinery and running water was the only thing I could hear.

-Where is you…?

-I am here.

It was on the ceiling, like a spider attached to the walls. He felt over me. He could had crushed my body immediately, but he had other plans. He disarmed me and drag my beaten body to the steel table, were it tied me.

-Dear doctor… I knew since that day you went to visit me on the little girl’s house, that you would develop something interesting.

He crushed the refrigerator open and carefully took all ampoules with all the variations of the drug.

-Doctor, relax. It wont hurt…

He laughed as it injected me, ampoule after ampoule. God help me I am in hell, no… I AM hell!

Fin.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário