segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2011

GHOST


I live an ordinary life, and a month ago I moved to a old small house, near Ontario, while my house, my real house, get a well deserved reform, that will take at least two more weeks.
At first I loved the house, to be honest I was considering buying it for good, that was the main reason I choose to live there and not on an hotel.
The house, two floors, three rooms, two of them suites, a big bathroom on first floor and a smaller on the ground floor worked flawlessly, heating was in good shape. For what I was told the last owner took good care of it, even never living there. Probably a man aiming to do a good sell or renting it, and he managed to keep the house perfect, except for the dust, so thick it was like a thin mist in the first time I entered it.
Once I had too much work, I cleaned only the master bedroom, the kitchen and the bathrooms, the only parts I would use in my stay, and after making nice dinner to myself, I went soon to bed. Once I hadn’t brought my TV, I was reading a book and soon I went to sleep.
Past 3:00 AM, a loud noise woke me up: It was like someone picking a cutlery drawer and throwing it at the wall. I was very scared, and I grabbed my baseball ball before going down stairs to investigate.  I decided to look at what was going on before calling the cops.
I went to the ground floor in the dark, and the house was silent; Once I was in the kitchen I peeked inside. In the dark I couldn’t see anything, so turned on the lights.
To my surprise, the kitchen was in perfect order, just like I left before going to bed. I looked around, double checked the doors to see if they were locked and literally searched the house bottom to top looking for what could possible made all that noise.
Once I found nothing, I went back to bed, leaving the light of the kitchen on, and locking my door. I took some time to sleep, but I didn’t had any other incident that night.
Two day later, my girlfriend, who was traveling, arrived, and I invited her in. My old apartment was small to grow a family, but the house was just perfect. My plan was to see if she liked it, and invite her to move in with me, to take things between us to a new level.
Of course I did a full house cleaning before it, and made a nice dinner to us. At 7:00 PM I heard a faint female voice and a knock on my front door. Thinking she had arrived earlier, a rare event , I rushed to open the door, but I found no one there. I convinced myself I was imagining things, and went back to kitchen.
I barely finished the dinner when I heard a female voice and knocking on my front door.
Well, a man can’t be wrong twice, I thought with a smile. But then again I found no one.
At 8:35PM, after four other “knocks” I was already pissed, imagining it was a prank of some neighborhood kid, and I decided to stay next to the door and wait.
Finally I hear a knock and opened the door fast like a lightning, just to scare my girlfriend, she took quite a scare but managed to laugh about it, I apologized and locked the door. At the time I decided not to bring up the knockings on my door, after all that dinner was very important to me, and I wasn’t willing to let my future fiancée think we would eventually live in a neighborhood full of annoying kids.
Fortunately the dinner and the rest of the night was great, we both decided to live there together.
In the next morning I woke up and went down stair to make us a nice breakfast, and once I finished I decided to call her. When I looked up the stairs I saw a woman figure entering the main bathroom . Strange, she using that bathroom and not the one in the suite, but she was probably looking for a place to be her own in our future house, girl stuff.
With a smile I called her from down stairs:
“-Honey! Once you finish come down, I made something for us!”
Then suddenly I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, and I jumped scared.
-“whoa! Did I scared you? I was just picking the paper!” Was my girlfriend in her robe, and with a newspaper on her hand. I froze, and without explaining any further I climbed the stairs saying I had to check something. The bathroom was empty, and my girlfriend was puzzled, but amused.
We finished our breakfast and leaved for our works, she would spent a couple days in her own house, picking things she need to move in.
At night when I arrived, I found all lights on. I imagined that my gf had decide to come by and spent the night, so I got in and called for her.
But she wasn’t there. I looked for all the house, and I found nothing. I called her on the cell-phone and asked about the lights. She said she was still on her job and that didn’t turned any light on, and suggested that I may had forget the light on in the morning. I agreed to not worry her, but I was sure that I didn’t turned ALL lights of the house and forget about it.
My concern about such strange events begun to grow, as the strange events multiplied: Soon my own girl friend started to come to me to talk about strange noises and voices around the house.
The last day we stayed there was the worst: We were dinning, when the door of our room slammed so hard that I thought someone had dropped a safe through the ceiling. Scared, I decided to give a look to see what was going on upstairs, my girlfriend, now my fiancée decided to go up with me, and we both found the door to our room closed shut. We tried to open it, but was like it was glued or something like it, it didn’t moved a inch. My fiancée almost crying told me we should leave. I was decided to stay and live in that house, but a look on my fiancée concerned expression was enough to convince me that we should indeed leave that house. In the moment I agreed to leave and told her we wouldn’t come back to that house, the door opened behind me suddenly. I felt and my fiancé screamed, but nothing appeared. The room was empty, no one hiding there. I tried the lock more than a couple times, and was impossible to keep it shut like it was before, and was impossible to open it without using the knob.
My fiancé didn’t even bothered to look for answers, and when I turned to her I saw our most personal belongings packed. I decided that leaving was indeed the best choice and we drove to her place. Once my old home was done, we finally went back to that house, to get our belongings. Was the last time I entered that house.
Many years later I drove by and see the beautiful house half demolish and a group of workers in a circle arguing about something. I was curious, but I decided to let another person to find ut the mysteries of that house.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário