quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2011

SOUNDS

I hear things, strange things, things no one is supposed to hear, sounds of things that shouldn’t be.

Not words, but screams, cries, howling sounds, from nowhere, all the time, everywhere.

Night and day it never stop, at street I have to cover my ears. I can hear the sound of tires burning, breaks screaming, a loud thump, glass and bone breaking, something falling dead on the ground, a cry. But there’s nothing there, nothing.

At night I hear footsteps, thousand of dead invisible feet marching slowly through the night, dragging chains of crime and regret, howling into the void. But if I look through my window, there is nothing there.

Gun fire and someone begging for his life in the middle of the trains station, a girls cry and the sound of a body crushing on the concrete, in a school like any other.

Someone gasping and struggling for air hanging from a rope that is not there; children begging “mommy don’t hurt me” as blunt violent sounds end in soft flesh.

An old woman cries for help, she says she can’t breath, but no one hear. A man run around screaming that he is not dead, he can’t be.

A little girl weep and ask for help, she can’t find her mom, but if you look, she wasn’t there.

Day and night, always. And I know that it will never end, for I know that the voices, the sounds, they will haunt me forever.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário