segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2011

ZOMBIES -part 01 0f 3.

Five days since the last time I saw someone alive.

Only the dead keep me company. Some of them move fast, others slow, not like the movie, that’s for sure. Some of them could easily pass as living, if you disregard the guts and gore.

One of them was my neighbor, and old man who lived alone and always took great care of his garden. I saw him got bit in the hand, and barricade himself his house. The next day, there he was, gardening, or something like it.

But wasn’t really him anymore. Was like a child pretending to be something, not all clumsy, but oblivious of obvious things, like turning on the water hose before watering the prize-winning red roses, or not paying much attention to the dismembered carcass of a child in your doorsteps.

When things become out of control, with zombies everywhere, not only on the news, most people hit the road, and at the time I decided to stay, not to defend my home from looters (would be a relieve to see one in this dead neighborhood), but because I knew roads would be blocked, one way or the another. I may sound like a son of a bitch, but the first thing I did after my neighbors got their cars and hit the road was break in their houses and pick all food and bottle water I could put my hands on, o I can stay here nearly for weeks.

But still, I think it won’t be enough.

First, they aren’t rotting, not normally: they have this strange chemical smell, like some rotten dead animal kept in formol, but forgotten under a 35ºC scorching sun.

And let me say, it’s probably poisonous, not only for the headaches it gave me, but because there is no rats, no flies, no nothing even close to them. They avoid the zombies, what is a big surprise, considering some of them just lay down pretending to be dead and don’t move unless they sense some living person around them.

This is other fucked up thing. They can’t see well. Damn, I can dance on my roof top, and they wont see me. They can only see eight to ten meters ahead, tops. Also they can’t hear or don’t bother with sounds, at all. I could play Metallica everyday and they wont give a damn.

But they always know when some one alive is around.

First, they stop moving, and it is a chain reaction: If one give “the stop”, soon every one will near will stop to. Then they get silent, not even the slightest sound. Then it start to get bad, the zombie closest to the living person will walk straight to him, and the others will follow. It’s like they try to confirm it before giving the signal to attack. If they see you, they start screaming, then hells break loose. When there more living than dead, I saw people escaping it, or the mass of undead splitting up on several targets, but the last time I see them attacking, there was nothing left of the poor guy, except a pool of blood.

I’m not sure, but I think it have a five meter range, maybe less, this “sixth sense”, and I’m sure it works fine in the dark: I hear them screaming at night from time to time.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário