segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2011

INANIMATE OBJECT.


I see them, all day. I see them, full of life, youth and future. So confident, so self assured, with a great future ahead. Family, fortune, happiness and, above all, freedom.
They always get the upper hand, they never fail, people always laugh with them, and never of them. Always dressed with the latest fashion, always driving the more beautiful car.
And I wonder why. Why them and not me? Don’t tell me its karma, once I had nothing but suffering long before I become what I am now. And I always knew their evil ways, deviant desires and obscene vices.
No, it cannot be a system of reward or punishment, unless it aims to corrupt and crush the good. I was crushed, I was corrupted, but I was good and fair.
Now I stand here, above them, watching them living their useless decadent lives, and my hatred is still the hatred of justice. I am the judge of good and wrong, and also the executor.
My face strike fear on those who dare to look up and meet my gaze. Such fear is proof that they are guilt and I am justice.
I stand here, a loyal and vigilant guardian, under the scorching sun, under the rain and snow, night and day, and here I will stay forever, without abandoning my solitary task to watch those corrupt souls bellow.
Oh no, they think they crushed my body and my soul, but I was given this new form, strong, resistant, everlasting.
For now, I only watch, but someday I will be released over them, as a tool of God’s will, for I am the most righteous under his command, I am sure.
They look me and ask my origin, and display their offensive ignorance day after day: The point at my wings, at my horns, at my angry face and my fangs and call me a demon. Me, his favorite! The favorite of GOD!
Others too, mistake me for a mere decoration. They look at my grey stone skin, at my beast like shape and give me a name that I even learned to like.
They call me Gargoyle. And I watch them here, still since the day my life as a man ended, thanks to God wisdom, who put me here vigilant, in the tallest tower of the largest church, and when the time comes, the reckoning day, I am sure that he will turn my body of stone in flesh again.
But until this day, I wait. Patiently. Watching every single one of you; I know your dark secrets, I witnessed them, after all those eyes of stone… they never blink .

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário